Our growth has led to the creation of several new positions. ATI offers cutting edge projects and technologies. Our regional municipal wastewater and water work is primarily in Wisconsin and Illinois. National and international companies comprise our industrial waste client list. Click here to discover why our employees enjoy working at ATI.
Structural Engineering Intern – Full or Part Time
ATI has an impressive structural engineering portfolio comprised of many different project types. Whether designing a water storage tank, a rocky façade for a museum exhibit, or analyzing bridges for demolition, we complete the most unique of projects on time and to the most exacting standards. Our Structural Engineers provide advice and guidance throughout the project, from initial bid to final design phase. During construction, we monitor progress to ensure our clients’ satisfaction.
- Structural calculations for pre-engineered buildings designed by various manufacturers
- Structural design and analysis of new and existing buildings, foundations, large hydraulic structures, and tanks using concrete, steel, wood and masonry
- Detailed structural analysis for the demolition of existing bridges using pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete, and structural steel
- Creation of construction drawings and specifications
- Load evaluations of existing structures ranging in age and complexity
- Technical report creation using Microsoft Word
- Pursuing B.S. degree in Structural Engineering
- Proficiency in Visual Analysis or similar analysis software program
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, MathCAD and AutoCAD
- Application of engineering principles including critical thinking, analysis, and innovative problem solving ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
The Water/Wastewater Engineer role is responsible for:
- Designing water/wastewater management projects for municipalities and a wide variety of industries, including meat and poultry, pulp and paper, dairy, and beverage
- Participating in projects from beginning to end, including planning, design and construction
- Communicating with clients throughout the project process in a clear, logical fashion
- Attending project review meetings and working within our multi-discipline approach to execute reports, plans, and specifications
- MS in Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering with a focus on water/wastewater treatment
- Related co-op/intern work experience highly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in technical writing
- Analytical skills, including knowledge of engineering economic analysis
- EIT certification, or willingness to obtain as soon as possible
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- AutoCAD experience a plus
Interested? Please send your resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
Applied Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.